Vatican City, 29th July 2022
Re: Invitation to attend the XXV World Congress Stella Maris
Dear chaplain and volunteer,
Stella Maris was planning to celebrate its Centennial in Glasgow – Scotland, on
October 2020. However, the pandemic and its consequences forced us to cancel our plans and concentrate our activities on spiritually and materially supporting the seafarers, fishers and their families who were deeply affected by this unexpected and unforeseen calamity.
Now that countries are easing restrictions and people resume travelling, we do not
want to miss the opportunity, five years after the last Congress in Kaohsiung - Taiwan, to gather in Glasgow – Scotland, from Sunday 2nd October (arrival) to Wednesday 5th October (departure) for the XXV Stella Maris World Congress.
After the difficult and tough time that the people in the maritime world went through,
the theme of the Congress “After the storm... moving forward at the service of the people of the sea”, will be the occasion to reflect on how Stella Maris, having just marked our centenary, can continue to remain faithful to its ministry of service by responding to the evolving needs of seafarers, fishers and their families.
Fr. Bruno Ciceri
Stella Maris Internationalis
HERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
Please be inform that the whole Congress would be in English without any simultaneous translation
Being aware that the cost of travel and accommodation are above average, Stella Maris International has decided NOT to request any registration fee for the delegates who will PAY for THEIR OWN Hotel and flight to Glasgow - Scotland.
Furthermore, to reduce the financial burden for the delegates (coffee breaks, lunches, dinners and transportation to different sites), from dinner of Sunday 2nd October to dinner Tuesday October 4th ,are fully sponsored by Stella Maris International.
The XXV° Stella Maris World Congress will be held at the:
• Please note that you will be required to secure the booking of the room with your
credit/debit card. You will be fully responsible for your accommodation charges and
any extras during your stay at the Hotel.
• All rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking and is done on a first-come-first-serve basis, however if you encounter problem in booking the room please do not hesitate to contact me.
• We recommend you to book your accommodation before or by Sunday, August 21, 2022. As organizers we cannot guarantee the same price per day per room after this date.
• For the duration of the Stella Maris World Congress the cost for a single room per
night per person with breakfast, at the Marriott Hotel, is of 125£. However, by adding 10£ per night you can book a double room per night for two persons with breakfast included.
• Any additional stay before or after the Congress dates are subject to availability &
rates at time of booking.
• Please verify the cancellation and the check in /check out policy of the Marriott Hotel before you are finalizing the booking.
• We suggest that with your flight ticket, you purchase also a personal travel and
PROCEDURES FOR BOOKING THE ROOM AT THE MARRIOTT HOTEL
Book your group rate for Stella Maris
You will find information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
Start Date: Sunday, October 2, 2022
End Date: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Last Day to Book: Sunday, August 21, 2022
Hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
• Glasgow Marriott Hotel from £125.00 GBP per night
Book your group rate for Stella Maris
For the delegates needing it, Stella Maris UK would be able to provide an official letter of invitation.
Please send an e-mail to:
Salvina Bartholomeusz: firstname.lastname@example.org
with cc. to Fr. Bruno
In the e-mail, please provide the following information:
1. Title: Mr., Ms., Fr., Sr., ....
2. Full Name: as it appears in your passport
3. Nationality: es. Indian, Filipino, ....
4. Passport Number:
5. Position: es. Chaplain/Volunteer at the port of Manila – Philippines
Glasgow is served by the major and low-cost airlines at two airports, as much as possible we recommend that you will use the Glasgow International Airport.
- Glasgow Airport (GLA), also known as Glasgow International Airport is
an international airport in Scotland. It is located 15.9 km west of Glasgow city centre.
Please see link below for further travel links / options.
- Glasgow Prestwick Airport (PIK), is an international airport serving the west of
Scotland, situated 51 km from the city centre of Glasgow. Please see link below for
further travel links / options
Transport from airport to Marriott Hotel on arrival and from Marriott Hotel to airport when leaving, as much as possible, will be provided by the chaplains and volunteers of Stella Maris UK. We thank them in advance for their commitment and service.
Once you have booked the room and bought the flight ticket, please send an e-mail to:
Sr. Kathleen Redido: <email@example.com> with your arrival information:
Airport, Flight number, time and date of arrival.
Please do not hesitate to contact me, for any problem arising, through e-mail or
WhatsApp, Viber, Line, Face Time: +39 3336411311
Stella Maris International
Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development
Palazzo San Calisto
00120 Vatican City
T. +39 06 69892712
Cell. +39 3336411311